Do you want to achieve success as an organist? In order to be successful, your practice has to become of the highest quality. I have 5 tips for your practice in this article.
1. Try to practice better than your competitors do. If you want to become a better organist than many of your fellow organists, you have to apply better and more efficient practice techniques than they are using.
You see, the majority of organists simply play their organ pieces from the beginning until the end without any practice plan. They think such playing will allow them to master the pieces they practice.
However, the reality is that although you can learn some easy pieces that way reasonably well, you will not be able to advance to the new quality level. So you have to have special efficient practice system which allows you to master new difficult pieces faster, easier, and better than your competitors.
2. Focus on giving your best in your practice. Many people tend to practice with a relaxed mind which doesn't compel them to push themselves a bit further than they can do at present.
If you want to give your best in your concerts and recitals, you have to do the same in your practice. Imagine that today's practice dictates results of the tomorrow. Be very strict with yourself and constantly ask if there is anything else that you could improve in your practice.
3. Focus your mind. It will be easier to give your best in practice if you stay focused. Many people tend to have short attention spans but it doesn't mean you couldn't practice making stronger and longer focus.
Keep your attention focused on your present measure and do not allow yourself to relax until the practice is over (or until the previously designated break).
4. Do not allow yourself to make a mistake. Practice at such a tempo which allows your playing be free of mistakes. This is very important if you want to achieve success as an organist.
5. Make correcting your mistakes a habit. Of course, in every practice session you will find yourself making mistakes every now and again. If you make a mistake, go back and correct it repeatedly until you can't make the same mistake again.
Use these tips in your organ practice today. If you consistently apply them when practicing organ playing, in time they will empower you to become a respected expert and a leader whom others will want to follow.
By the way, do you want to learn my special powerful techniques which help me to master any piece of organ music up to 10 times faster? If so, download my FREE Organ Practice Guide.
Or if you really want to learn to play any organ composition at sight fluently and without mistakes while working only 15 minutes a day, check out my systematic master course in Organ Sight-Reading.
DON'T MISS A THING! FREE UPDATES BY EMAIL.
You have successfully joined our subscriber list.
Drs. Vidas Pinkevicius and Ausra Motuzaite-Pinkeviciene
Organists of Vilnius University , creators of Secrets of Organ Playing.
Our Hauptwerk Setup: