Vidas Pinkevicius: Organ improvisation recital on the Nativity Story (2014/12/20) at Vilnius University St. John's church (VIlnius, Lithuania)
1. The Annunciation
2. Joseph and Mary Travels to Bethlehem
3. Jesus Is Born and Laid in a Manger
4. Shepherds Are Keeping Watch Over Their Flock at Night
5. The Appearance of an Angel
6. Heavenly Host Sings "Glory to God in the Highest"
7. Shepherds Run to Bethlehem
8. Shepherds Find Jesus, Mary, and Joseph
9. Shepherds Come Back Glorifying and Praising God
10. Jesus Is Visited by the Three Wise Men from the East
The 10 movements are connected with the motives from the hymn of the Gregorian chant "A solis ortis cardine".
Here are all recent Vidas' improvisation recitals in one playlist:
"Absolutely spellbinding in the power of evocation, resonance of thought and the true healing grace of music. My highest compliments for this divinely inspired piece!"
- Glenn Tompkins, Arizona, USA
Vidas Pinkevicius specializes in storytelling through organ improvisation. His improvisations are based on biblical and liturgical themes, literary works, poetry, visual art, legends and myths of various nations of the world. He has appeared in international organ festivals throughout Europe and the USA.
To book a paid organ recital, contact him here.