Recently I started supporting a world-renown Dutch organist-improviser Sietze de Vries on Patreon because he started to create a series of improvisation tutorial videos. I highly recommend you check it out: https://www.patreon.com/sietzedevries
In Lesson 2 he talks about harmonizing chorale melody with I, IV, and V chords using 8 different methods:
1. In the soprano without pedals
2. In the soprano with pedals
3. In the soprano with solo stop
4. In the tenor with solo stop
5. In the soprano on the pedals (4' stop)
6. In the tenor on the pedals (8' stop)
7. In the right foot with double pedals only
8. In the right foot with double pedals and manual parts
So in this video I'm applying Sietze's techniques of harmonizing the melody Herr Jesu Christ, dich zu uns wendt.
Thank you for your support! You get early access and I get to keep going.
Get early access:
DON'T MISS A THING! FREE UPDATES BY EMAIL.
You have successfully joined our subscriber list.
Drs. Vidas Pinkevicius and Ausra Motuzaite-Pinkeviciene
Organists of Vilnius University , creators of Secrets of Organ Playing.
Our Hauptwerk Setup: