Practice improvising the above C major 8 measure period in 2/4 meter with modulation to D minor and back to C major in 4 parts this way:
1. Place the bass in the left hand or pedals and supply the missing 3 upper parts
2. Above the bass line you can see the numbers of intervals that should be calculated above the bass
3. A sharp next to the number means that this note is sharpened
4. A flat next to the number means that this note is flattened
5. Make sure you avoid parallel fifths and octaves by moving the upper 3 parts in opposite direction than the bass
Take a slow tempo, aim for legato touch and 3 correct repetitions in a row.
Post time and the number of repetitions to comments.
DON'T MISS A THING! FREE UPDATES BY EMAIL.
You have successfully joined our subscriber list.
Our Hauptwerk Setup:
Drs. Vidas Pinkevicius and Ausra Motuzaite-Pinkeviciene
Organists of Vilnius University , creators of Secrets of Organ Playing.
Don't have an organ at home?
Download paper manuals and pedals, print them out, cut the white spaces, tape the sheets together and you'll be ready to practice anywhere where is a desk and floor. Make sure you have a higher chair.