Practice improvising the above C major 8 measure period in 2/4 meter with modulation to D minor and back to C major in 4 parts this way:
1. Place the bass in the left hand or pedals and supply the missing 3 upper parts
2. Above the bass line you can see the numbers of intervals that should be calculated above the bass
3. A sharp next to the number means that this note is sharpened
4. A flat next to the number means that this note is flattened
5. Make sure you avoid parallel fifths and octaves by moving the upper 3 parts in opposite direction than the bass
Take a slow tempo, aim for legato touch and 3 correct repetitions in a row.
Post time and the number of repetitions to comments.
DON'T MISS A THING! FREE UPDATES BY EMAIL.
You have successfully joined our subscriber list.
Drs. Vidas Pinkevicius and Ausra Motuzaite-Pinkeviciene
Organists of Vilnius University , creators of Secrets of Organ Playing.
Our Hauptwerk Setup: