Practice improvising the above C minor 8 measure period in 2/4 meter with modulation to Bb major in 4 parts this way:
1. In every chord, two parts are given and two are missing.
2. Soprano - upper stave (stems up), Alto - upper stave (stems down), Tenor - lower stave (stems up), and Bass - lower stave (stems down).
3. Supply the missing two parts in each chord.
4. In m. 2, there is tonicization of Bb major, in m. 3 and 5 - tonicization of G minor. Starting from m. 6 think in Bb major.
5. Make sure you avoid parallel fifths and octaves by moving at least one part in the opposite direction than the others.
Take a slow tempo, aim for legato touch and 3 correct repetitions in a row.
Post time and the number of repetitions to comments.
DON'T MISS A THING! FREE UPDATES BY EMAIL.
You have successfully joined our subscriber list.
Drs. Vidas Pinkevicius and Ausra Motuzaite-Pinkeviciene
Organists of Vilnius University , creators of Secrets of Organ Playing.
Our Hauptwerk Setup: