Practice harmonizing the above hymn tune "Anamnese" in 4 parts this way:
1. Place the tune in the soprano and supply missing 2 middle parts
2. Use 3 note chords (tonic, subdominant, dominant etc. and their inversions)
3. Dominant seventh chord works well for the ending of the phrase.
4. End phrases in F minor, Ab major, Bb minor, and Ab major.
5. Make sure you avoid parallel fifths and octaves by moving the upper 3 parts in opposite direction than the bass
Take a slow tempo, aim for a smooth legato touch and 3 correct repetitions in a row. Here's the MIDI file of soprano and bass parts for listening.
Post time and the number of repetitions to comments and share a photo of yourself practicing this exercise.
[HT to Pierre]
DON'T MISS A THING! FREE UPDATES BY EMAIL.
You have successfully joined our subscriber list.
Drs. Vidas Pinkevicius and Ausra Motuzaite-Pinkeviciene
Organists of Vilnius University , creators of Secrets of Organ Playing.
Our Hauptwerk Setup: