Recently I started supporting a world-renowned improviser from the Netherlands Sietze de Vries on Patreon because he is starting to teach improvisation:
So far he has uploaded two lessons. There will be more to come, of course, soon. I highly recommend you check out these videos. They are very promising for people who want to learn to improvise on the organ but were afraid to try.
A couple of days ago I started practicing these exercises and so far made 2 videos about them. In the first video, I'm practicing harmonizing the melody in I, IV and V chords.
In the second video, I'm harmonizing the melody in various voices in multiple ways:
1. In the soprano without pedals
2. In the soprano with pedals
3. In the soprano with solo stop
4. In the tenor with solo stop
5. In the soprano on the pedals (4' stop)
6. In the tenor on the pedals (8' stop)
7. In the right foot with double pedals only
8. In the right foot with double pedals and manual parts
Thank you for your support! You get early access and I get to keep going.
Get early access:
DON'T MISS A THING! FREE UPDATES BY EMAIL.
You have successfully joined our subscriber list.
Drs. Vidas Pinkevicius and Ausra Motuzaite-Pinkeviciene
Organists of Vilnius University , creators of Secrets of Organ Playing.
Our Hauptwerk Setup: