Today I would like to share with you my video about organ improvisation in which I will discuss these 7 questions:
1. How important is organ improvisation to the development of the personality of the artist?
2. How and where to start learning to improvise?
3. Should conservatories, universities, and other music schools teach organ improvisation?
4. What should happen in order for organ improvisation to flourish in your country?
5. What could be the future of organ improvisation in your country?
6. Do organ improvisation and philosophy have something in common?
7. What character traits should an improviser have in order to be successful at this art?
Should you have any additional questions after listening to this video, please share them in the comments. I would love to answer them here.
Would you like to say "Thank You" to us? Buy Us Coffee.
Drs. Vidas Pinkevicius and Ausra Motuzaite-Pinkeviciene
Organists of Vilnius University , creators of Secrets of Organ Playing.
Do you have a unique skill or knowledge related to the organ art? Pitch us your story to become a guest on Secrets of Organ Playing Podcast.
Don't have an organ at home?
Download paper manuals and pedals, print them out, cut the white spaces, tape the sheets together and you'll be ready to practice anywhere where is a desk and floor. Make sure you have a higher chair.