Different people learn differently. How do you think, which practice method would allow you to achieve world class quality in playing a single piece in a most enjoyable way?
1. To practice the entire piece 10 times without stopping very slowly.
2. To practice 4 measure fragments 10 times very slowly.
3. To practice 1 page episodes 10 times very slowly.
4. To practice the entire piece 10 times but stopping at constantly longer fragments in a real tempo, starting with 1 beat.
5. To practice in all 15 combinations of 1, 2, 3, and 4 voices very slowly 10 times.
6. To practice in 7 combinations of right hand part, left hand part, and pedals 10 times.
7. Something else?
Post your preference (preferences) in comments.
DON'T MISS A THING! FREE UPDATES BY EMAIL.
Our Hauptwerk Setup:
Drs. Vidas Pinkevicius and Ausra Motuzaite-Pinkeviciene
Organists of Vilnius University , creators of Secrets of Organ Playing.
Don't have an organ at home?
Download paper manuals and pedals, print them out, cut the white spaces, tape the sheets together and you'll be ready to practice anywhere where is a desk and floor. Make sure you have a higher chair.