Mastering the Prelude and Fugue in F Major, BWV 556 is easier than you might think. In this article, I'll give you the exact steps which will help you learn it in just 10 days.
Here are the steps in mastering Prelude and Fugue in F major, BWV 556 in 10 days:
1. Play slowly to avoid mistakes
2. Practice each day in solo voices, combinations of 2 and 3 voices, and only then the entire 4 part texture, where applicable) - play 10 times each combination.
3. When you repeat previously learned lines, play them 3 times correctly.
4. Practice one line at a time, unless indicated otherwise.
5. Make sure the notes, rhythms, fingering, pedaling, and articulation are correct in each step.
Day 1: Learn lines 1-2
2. Repeat 1-2, practice 3-5
3. Reinforce 1-5, master 6-7
4. Remember 1-7, learn 10 and 11
5. Repeat 1-11, practice 12-13
6. Reinforce 1-13, master 14-15
7. Play the entire prelude and fugue by stopping every 2 lines
8. Practice the entire piece by stopping every 4 lines
9. Play the entire composition by stopping every 8 lines
10. Play the entire prelude and fugue without stopping
In order to reap the best results, it is best if you just follow the above steps exactly and you will have it ready for public performance in 10 days. This public performance doesn't necessarily have to be a recital. You could play it in church during liturgy as a postlude or just for fun for your family and friends.
By the way, if you would like to start practicing this prelude and fugue tonight, check out my practice score with complete fingering and pedaling which will create the ideal articulation. If you just follow the above steps exactly, you will have it ready for public performance in 10 days.
Or if you want to learn my special powerful techniques which help me to master any piece of organ music up to 10 times faster, download my free Organ Practice Guide.
DON'T MISS A THING! FREE UPDATES BY EMAIL.
Would you like to say "Thank You" to us?
Drs. Vidas Pinkevicius and Ausra Motuzaite-Pinkeviciene
Organists of Vilnius University , creators of Secrets of Organ Playing.
Don't have an organ at home?
Download paper manuals and pedals, print them out, cut the white spaces, tape the sheets together and you'll be ready to practice anywhere where is a desk and floor. Make sure you have a higher chair.