Practice improvising the above C minor 8 measure period in 2/4 meter with modulation to Bb major in 4 parts this way:
1. In every chord, two parts are given and two are missing.
2. Soprano - upper stave (stems up), Alto - upper stave (stems down), Tenor - lower stave (stems up), and Bass - lower stave (stems down).
3. Supply the missing two parts in each chord.
4. In m. 2, there is tonicization of Bb major, in m. 3 and 5 - tonicization of G minor. Starting from m. 6 think in Bb major.
5. Make sure you avoid parallel fifths and octaves by moving at least one part in the opposite direction than the others.
Take a slow tempo, aim for legato touch and 3 correct repetitions in a row.
Post time and the number of repetitions to comments.
DON'T MISS A THING! FREE UPDATES BY EMAIL.
Would you like to say "Thank You" to us?
Drs. Vidas Pinkevicius and Ausra Motuzaite-Pinkeviciene
Organists of Vilnius University , creators of Secrets of Organ Playing.
Don't have an organ at home?
Download paper manuals and pedals, print them out, cut the white spaces, tape the sheets together and you'll be ready to practice anywhere where is a desk and floor. Make sure you have a higher chair.