This week I will be spending a lot of time on my Christmas organ duet and solo repertoire. Ausra and I are playing this recital on Saturday in our church. It's called "Christmas with Bach" and we will be performing arias and duets from Bach's cantatas and some solo chorale preludes.
Here's our program:
1. Sinfonia from the Christmas Oratorio, BWV 248/1 (organ duet)
2. Choral "Brich an, o schones Morgenlied", BWV 248/12 (organ duet)
3. Aria "Frohe Hirten", BWV 248/15 (organ duet)
4. Choral “Schaut hin, dort liegt im finstern Stall”, BWV 248/17
5. Aria "Schlafe, mein Liebster", BWV 248/19 (organ duet)
6. Choral "Wir singen dir", BWV 248/23 (organ duet)
7. Choral prelude "Nun komm der Heiden Heiland", BWV 659 (Ausra)
8. Trio super "Nun komm der Heiden Heiland", BWV 660 (Vidas)
9. Choral prelude "Nun komm der Heiden Heiland", BWV 661 (Vidas)
10. Chorus "Wachet auf, ruft uns die Stimme", BWV 140/1 from Cantata No. 140 (organ duet)
11. Chorale prelude on "Wachet auf, ruft uns die Stimme", BWV 645 or "Zion hort die Wachter singen", BWV 140/4 (Ausra)
12. Duet "Mein Freund ist mein", BWV 140/6 (organ duet)
13. Choral "Gloria sei dir gesungen", BWV 140/7 (organ duet)
We were planning to go to church to practice today but there was a soundcheck for tonight's event so hopefully we can do it tomorrow.
Today we practiced at home at the concert speed, tomorrow we'll take a slow tempo, on Wednesday again at the church at the concert tempo and the remaining practices will be slow.
As always, I hope to livestream our Saturday's recital, if the battery of the mic holds so stay tuned.
DON'T MISS A THING! FREE UPDATES BY EMAIL.
Would you like to say "Thank You" to us?
Drs. Vidas Pinkevicius and Ausra Motuzaite-Pinkeviciene
Organists of Vilnius University , creators of Secrets of Organ Playing.
Don't have an organ at home?
Download paper manuals and pedals, print them out, cut the white spaces, tape the sheets together and you'll be ready to practice anywhere where is a desk and floor. Make sure you have a higher chair.