Do you want to achieve success as an organist? I have 8 tips for your practice, recital playing and marketing in this article.
1. Quality in practice. Try to practice better than your competitors do. Do not allow yourself to make a mistake. If you make a mistake, go back and correct it until you can't make the same mistake again.
2. Quantity in practice. The more time you put in your practice the better. If you want to be the best in what you do, you cannot hope to achieve this level practicing only a few minutes a day.
3. Unique practicing approach. Try to be unique in your organ practice. Compare your practice to other areas of life and see if you can use similar techniques in your practice.
4. Unique recital programming. When you choose the program for your organ recital, always think of your listeners first. Ask yourself, what makes my program different from many others and worth listening?
5. Quality in playing recitals. Both in preparation and in performance you should strive for minimum mistakes. Stay focused in every measure and don't allow yourself to relax until your recital is over.
6. Quantity in playing recitals. Although playing 10 recitals is a good start, you need many more to gain experience and become an expert. Try to play as many recitals with the same program in different venues in the same year as possible. Then learn a new program and do the same.
7. Unique marketing approach. Use social media marketing and content marketing to achieve a wider web present.
8. Consistency in marketing. Think of marketing as growing a plant. You wouldn't water your tree just once and forget it, would you? Instead you would give your tree all your attention regularly and consistently. The same applies in marketing yourself as an organist.
Use the above tips in your organ practice, in playing recitals and marketing yourself as an organist today. In time, they will empower you to become a respected expert and a leader whom others will want to follow.
By the way, do you want to learn my special powerful techniques which help me to master any piece of organ music up to 10 times faster? If so, download my FREE Organ Practice Guide.
Or if you really want to learn to play any organ composition at sight fluently and without mistakes while working only 15 minutes a day, check out my systematic master course in Organ Sight-Reading.
DON'T MISS A THING! FREE UPDATES BY EMAIL.
Would you like to say "Thank You" to us?
Drs. Vidas Pinkevicius and Ausra Motuzaite-Pinkeviciene
Organists of Vilnius University , creators of Secrets of Organ Playing.
Don't have an organ at home?
Download paper manuals and pedals, print them out, cut the white spaces, tape the sheets together and you'll be ready to practice anywhere where is a desk and floor. Make sure you have a higher chair.