Johann Sebastian Bach:
1. Johann Christian Kittel (1732-1809)
2. Johann Christian Heinrich Rinck (1770-1846)
3. Adolf Friedrich Hesse (1809-1863)
4. Jacques-Nicolas Lemmens (1823-1881)
5. Félix-Alexandre Guilmant (1837-1911)/Charles-Marie Jean Albert Widor (1844-1937)
6. Marcel Dupré (1886-1971)
7. Rolande Falcinelli (1920-2006)
8. André Isoir (b. 1935)
9. George Ritchie (b .1942)
10. Vidas Pinkevicius (b. 1976)
11. My students
So if you read my blog, pay attention to my advice and tips, practice the exercises I propose etc., this actually makes you a student of mine in one way or another. In turn you are the 11th generation student of Bach (of course, many people can trace this lineage through other organists as well).
Think about this next time you feel depressed, unmotivated to practice, and frustrated.
P.S. The only connection which I'm still not 100 % sure about is Rinck-Hesse. If you know for sure if Hesse studied with Rinck or not, please leave a comment. In addition, I think we could trace the Bach tradition through Helmut Walcha, because he was one of George Ritchie's teachers as well. However, this remains to be researched.