1. Why do you want to learn to sight-read hymns?
2. Are you putting the hours in or just dreaming about it?
3. Have you made it a priority in your day with a special designated time?
4. Are you practicing systematically all 15 steps in single voices, two-part, three-part, and four part texture with or without pedals?
5. Are you taking at least 50 percent slower tempo than in normal public performance?
6. Are you sight-reading a large number of hymns, say 100, 400, or entire hymnal?
7. Are you also studying music theory or harmony parallel to hymn playing?
8. Is it your goal or a purpose/mission?
9. Does your purpose involve other people who will make you accountable?
10. Do you have a deadline?
Write down the answers to these questions on a special sheet of paper before you sit down on the organ bench to practice.
Transposing Sequence in E Minor: i-ii9-V7-i