Follow these steps in preparing for your organ recital:
1. Count the lines of all the music scores you want to master by your recital date. For example, if you have 10 pieces with 5 pages each, and each page has 5 lines, then the total amount of lines you have to master is 250.
2. Count the days you have from now until one month before your recital. Yes, you have to be ready one month before the recital, trust me on this. For example, if your recital is 4 months from now, you have approximately 90 days for learning the pieces.
3. Divide the number of lines by the number of days - this will give you the exact amount of lines you have to learn each day. For example, if you divide 250 by 90, you will get 2.7. Master 3 lines each day and you will be ready on time.
4. Do the steps which are necessary to master these lines every day (repeat each step 10 times). In order for you to learn each line, practice it in a slow tempo in solo voices, 2 voice combinations, 3 voice combinations, and finally all parts together.
5. Repeat the previously mastered material each day (repeat 3 times each line). Remember that every day you will have to not only learn 3 new lines but play 3 times the lines you have already learned.
6. When you finish learning the last line of some particular piece, next day start playing 2 lines without stopping (3 repetitions). That's the time you begin to make your fragments longer because on the day of your recital you will have to play all the pieces in your program without stopping.
7. Next day play each piece you have mastered so far by stopping every 4 lines (3 repetitions).
8. Next day repeat the previous step by stopping every 8 lines (3 repetitions).
9. Play your pieces by stopping every 16 lines (3 repetitions).
10. Finally, play the pieces you already mastered without stopping (3 repetitions).
Note: steps 6-10 have to be done while learning new music every day. Make sure your fingering, pedaling, notes, rhythms, articulation and ornaments are correct in each step.
Go now, take action and make your plan for preparing for organ recital. Then each day take the exact steps which are necessary to reach your goal.
By the way, do you want to learn my special powerful techniques which help me to master any piece of organ music up to 10 times faster? If so, download my free Organ Practice Guide.
Or if you really want to learn to play any organ composition at sight fluently and without mistakes while working only 15 minutes a day, check out my systematic master course in Organ Sight-Reading.