Incidentally, the town was founded exactly 720 years ago by the settlers from Holland.
The instrument was recently restored by Christian Wegscheider.
Our program was:
1. Franz Seydelmann Sonata No. 1 in C Major for 4 hands.: Allegro-Andantino-Allegro di molto
2. Ludwig van Beethoven Adagio für die Flötenuhr, WoO 33/1
3. Hieronymus Praetorius double choir motet Ecce Dominus veniet. Intabulation for organ duet by Vidas Pinkevicius
4. Ad Wammes Wave for organ duet: Gentle Breeze-Row the Boat-A Sunny Afternoon on the Lake-Breeze in Gently
5. Johann Sebastian Bach Brandenburg Concerto No. 1 in F Major, BWV 1046: [Allegro]-Adagio-Allegro. Arr. for organ duet by Vidas Pinkevicius
Our playing wouldn't be the same without the careful assistance of our friend and colleague Paulius Grigonis.
More information about the organ: http://www.hildebrandt-paslek.pl.
Thanks goes to Krzysztof Urbaniak, the Artistic Director of this festival and his team for making this musical adventure possible (the hotel Kamienica Paslek was the best hotel we stayed in so far in terms of service and quality).
Our program worked especially well for this type of instrument.
We hope you'll enjoy full videos of our recital. You can hear excellent program notes in Polish delivered by Bartosz Skop as well pumping of the bellows done by one of Krzysztof's colleagues. The reeds were tuned skilfully by the local organist of St Bartholomew church in Paslek.